Having been sick for a week now, just about the only thing I have the energy to post is this questionnaire for the Knitter’s Coffee Swap 3 (because I clearly don’t have enough caffeine in my life already):
1. Whole bean or ground? I’m going to say whole bean, and use this as a reason to finally buy a coffee grinder.
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Fully loaded.
3. Regular or flavored? I’ve got strong feelings about this: I hate, hate flavoured coffee. Sometimes I’ll add chocolate to coffee, but I in general I find pre-flavoured coffees to be cloying and undrinkable.
4. How do you drink your coffee? Usually in latte form–lots of milk or cream added.
5. Favorite coffee ever? Bridgehead, a local (just in Ottawa, though I think they’re in Montreal now as well) chain featuring all organic, fair-trade, shade-grown coffee. Their Yirgacheffe is my current favourite.
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I admit, I’m a coffee snob. Nothing from a can, and no Tim Horton’s!
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Scones, or other pastries. Mmm, butter and sugar.
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? Often. ;)
9. Yarn/fiber you love? Anything grown on a mammal (wool, alpaca, mohair, qiviut, etc.).
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? Acrylic. I’m not hugely into plant fibres either, but I’ve been looking for some organic cotton to make mesh shopping bags with.
11. What’s on your needles? A mosaic-patterned purse… almost done, except for felting.
12. Favorite colors? Cool colours: blue, green, grey. Also dark rusty reds.
13. Allergies? Nothing likely to come up in this swap, but just in case: I’m allergic to raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Cooked/pasteurised is fine.
14. Anything you really love, really don’t like, or just need to get off your chest? I’m a big fan of fair-trade and shade-grown coffee. Coffee production is something that has been very exploitative traditionally, so I like to keep fair trade and environmentally protective practices in mind when I buy my coffee.